Temporary exhibition "Women in Prehistory"
From March the 8th until November the 30th 2017
< Home page
Opening hoursOpen all year-round, execpt December 25th
and January 1st.
From January to March and from October
10:00am to 12:30pm and 2:00pm to 5:00
Open all days on Sundays and bank
Closed on Tuesdays exept during french holidays (zone B)
April to June and in September
10:00am to 6:00pm
Open every day
July to August
10:00am to 7:00pm
Open every day
The last ticket is sold 30 minutes before closing
From Tours, exit A10 Sainte-Maure de Touraine and La Celle-Saint-Front and Descartes.
From Bordeaux, exit A10 North Chatellerault, then La Roche-Posay, then Lésigny.
GPS lat. 46.920619 / long. 0.803318
Free parking site
The consumption of food and drink is prohibited within the Museum.
Animals are not permitted within the premises of the château or in the Museum.
Rollerblading, rollerskating, skateboarding and cycling are prohibited.
Please use the free lockers for bags and bulky items.
The use of flash or tripod photography is not permitted.
ADMISSION CHARGES 2017
Admissions charges 2017
Full price: €5.50
7-18 years, students, teachers, handicapped visitor and a person accompanying, groups of over 10 people, tourist passes (TER découvertes, Pays SudLochois card, Pass Tourisme, LoisirsAccueil card, VVF Amboise and Valençay, Vacancesloisirs centre Touraine, Isa BERRY, Pierre et Vacances, Epaf, La Saulaie, Luccotel, Val de Loire Tourisme…), ChèqueConvivio, Carte Moisson, Fontevraud Abbey, Chateau of Langeais, Chateau of Rivau, Chateau of Villandry, accompanying person “Ambassadeur” cardholders.
Admission for tourism professionals: €3.50
Tourism Offices, travel agencies, partners with agreement (student cultural passport from University of Tours...), EPAF
-Under 7s, job seekers, those on minimum wage, journalists, professional photographers, tour guides, ICOM members, “Châteaux de la Loire Vallée des Rois” members, Pass Pro Tourisme cardholders, Loire Vision pass holders, Culture du Coeur.
“Ambassadeur card”: €14
This card is valid for a year, and allow unlimited access to the monument at which it was acquired and access at concessionary rates in other General Council sites. Reduced price for one accompanying person.
Means of payment accepted : Cash, credit cards (minimum €8), holiday vouchers, CLARC, vouchers.
- School Pass (Le Pass Scolaire): €1.50/children
For primary classes and schools outside the Indre-et-Loire department, secondary schools and universities
Workshops €50 per class (school pass included)
Demonstration €20 per class (school pass included)
- Free School Pass (Le Pass Scolaire gratuit)
For nursery and schools from the Indre-et-Loire department. This is valid for the current academic year and only at the monument at which it was acquired.
Workshops €50 per class
Demonstration €20 per class
Visits / Access / Other services
- All year, daily service departing from Tours, from Mondays to Saturdays. Departure from the Tours bus station at 12.45 p.m (arrival at 2 p.m) at the museum, and return at 4.35 p.m (arrival in Tours around 5.50 p.m)
- The Museum is entirely accessible for visitors with limited mobility
- Languages spoken at reception: French and English
- Unaccompanied visit (F) or with audioguides (€2.50) (F/GB/E/D)
- Guided tour (F), included in the price of the ticket / duration 1.30 hours / information and reservation by museum
- Guided tours in English on fixed dates
- Booking required for : groups, educational workshops, school pass (guided tour included, free for nursery and schools from the Indre-et-Loire department)
- Gift Shop
- Animals not permitted
- Lockers for helmets and bags
- Folding chairs available
- Magnetic loop system for the hearing impaired people
- Restaurants and hotels can be found in the village
- Free parking site
- Cellars of the Museum are between 15 and 18 °
Guided visit in French with a guide of the museum.
The Château courtyard can be visited unaccompanied.